LED lights have grown in popularity over the years. Not only can they be used in both commercial and domestic applications, but they can also be retro-fitted onto old lighting fixtures. Not to mention, the long-term reduction in both energy consumption and expense.
LED lights have been used in digital clocks and TV remote controls since the 1960’s, but they have been used more for standard lighting in the last several years. Yet they work a little differently than halogen and incandescent bulbs. They pass electrons through a semiconductor, which creates what’s called “electroluminescence.” And because they use this kind of technology, they never burn out or need to be warmed up like incandescent or halogen bulbs.
Advantages of LED Lighting
LED’s can offer both consumers and electricians the most energy efficient and versatile type of lighting available. Not only are they simple and dependable, but they can also come in a number of options. LED lighting is a money-saving alternative that can replace any type of standard system, which includes both halogen and fluorescent bulbs. And they can run at a fraction of the cost.
Here are some of the advantages of using LED lighting:
- They use less energy — The average cost of LED lights is 11 cents a day, compared to $1.20 a day for a 60-watt incandescent bulb.
- They give off less heat — LED lights give off much less heat than incandescent bulbs.
- They’re safer for the environment — Unlike other types of lighting, LED bulbs don’t produce mercury emissions.
- They last longer — While a 60-watt incandescent bulb can last about a year, a comparable LED can last as much as 23 years.
- They’re durable — LED lights are resistant to jarring or bumping.
- They have a number of color and brightness options — LED lights can give you more choices in terms of color and brightness.
- They come on instantly — Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED lights don’t need to be warmed up.
Be sure to speak to a professional for more information on the available options.
Finding the Right Electrician for an LED Lighting Installation
If you’re planning to start a new remodeling or construction project, you need to find the right people. And a large part of the work will be done on the lighting system. You might be tempted to do the job yourself or hire a friend who has always been handy, but it could cost you more in the long run. If it’s not done right, it may not pass the final inspection. You’ll have to hire someone who can do the installation correctly, so it’s better to find a licensed electrician.
The first step in finding the right person for the job is to know exactly what you need. No matter what you’re looking for in an electrician, you need to find someone who is reliable and understands electrical safety. They need to follow the current standards for safety and quality for both LED lights and doing electrical work. They also need to have a good reputation, which is why 1st Choice Electric is one of your best options. We’re one of the best electrical companies in Corpus Christi, and you can be sure that our installations will be up to qualifying standards. We even have a bucket truck to get to elevated areas when it’s needed.
If you want more information about how we can help you on your next project, get in touch with us today!